Staggering £5bn Project Set To Change Landscape Of Greenwich Peninsula

greenwich

 

In terms of the construction industry ‘Big Bucks’, multi-billion pound Greenwich peninsula scheme work is set to commence this Autumn for developers Quintain and Knight Dragon. This exciting re-generation of the Greenwich river-front will provide homes for thousands of people.

Indeed, the continuous housing shortage has prompted the bringing forward of the start on site, with the project estimated to cost a staggering £5bn.

Quintain, a UK listed property company owns a 40% interest stake in Greenwich Peninsula Regeneration Limited alongside Knight Dragon, who hold the remaining 60%, with each owning proportionate board representation. In June, the developers were granted consent to their revised master plan for the first phase of their ambitious building project. This phase 1 will involve the construction of 1,683 apartments, 90,000sq ft of shops and restaurants alongside two hotels, totally transforming the landscape of the area and its surroundings.

Furthermore, planning permission has also recently been granted for a four-storey central marketing hub to face the O2 on Peninsula Square, just outside N. Greenwich Tube. This work is set to start in Winter

By Tammy Fernandez-Cox